REAL HUNGER vs EMOTIONAL HUNGER
Do you know the difference?
Do you know that there is a difference?
Real hunger is usually the body’s response to low blood sugar, 3-4 hours after your last meal. People who consistently over-eat hardly experience real hunger. But real hunger should be a healthy part of your day.
- Eating highly refined carbohydrates
- Drinking too much alcohol - as it stimulates the appetite
- Cold weather and temperature - as you burn more energy when it’s cold
- Skipping meals - as this creates low blood sugar
- Restrictive diets that don’t include enough calories in the day
- Grazing - eating regular meals and snacks
- Including both soluble and insoluble fibre in you diet
- Always including protein with your meals - to keep you full!
- Eating complex carbohydrates - as they contain fibre